There have been a few updates regarding airports, border closures, and aircraft availability.
- Hawaii – Any arriving passengers and crew will be subject to “Mandatory Quarantine” effective at 12:01 AM HST this Thursday, March 26.
- Canada – On March 21, 2020, the US and Canada will temporarily restrict all non-essential travel across the US-Canada land border. The measure will be in place for 30 days, at which point it will be reviewed by both parties. DHS says the restrictions do not impact air travel or trade or cargo but does apply to passenger rail and ferry travel.
- Mexico – “Essential travel” is exempt from the restrictions, including U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents returning to the United States.
- Florida – (arrival quarantine) All persons whose point of departure originates from outside of Florida in an area with substantial community spread, to include the New York Tri-State Area (Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York), and entering Florida through airports are to isolate or quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into the State of Florida or the duration of the person’s presence in the State of Florida, whichever is shorter. This Order shall not apply to persons employed by the airlines and those performing military, emergency or health response. This Order shall take effect on March 24, 2020, at 12:01 a.m.
Also if you are returning on an international flight, you may be required to clear at one of 13 designated airports. Those 13 designated airports are:
- JFK. ORD, SFO, SEA, HNL, LAX, ATL, IAD, EWR, DFW, DTW, BOS, MIA